Romantic Valentine’s Day Getaways
Feb 1st, 2012 | By Jackie Silver | Category: Spa/Resort Destinations, Travel
By Jackie Silver –
According to MedicineNet.com, “One thing researchers know for sure is that our ability to feel love and intimacy is what keeps us well. Study after study has shown that loneliness is a risk factor for disease and that relationships have a positive effect on everything from heart health to age-related health issues.”
When it comes to inspiring or reviving romance, nothing can compare to the mesmerizing appeal of a beautiful island, especially if it is one of Howard Hillman’s Top 10 Romantic Islands. Hillman, the world’s leading authority on travel wonders, has a 2,000-page Web site, Hillman Wonders of the World, featuring his Top 10 Lists, including the World’s Top 10 Romantic Islands. Hillman explains, “I created my website to inspire you to see as much of our wonderful world as you can in your lifetime.”
Hillman’s Top 10 romantic islands:
- French Polynesian Islands – Yield to South Pacific allure with a French touch.
- Bali Island – Inspires with picturesque rice terraces and captivating art, music and dances.
- Fiji Islands – Pamper yourself with many personalized resorts, some on tiny tropical islands.
- Seychelles Islands – Enjoy isolation in charming islands and atolls situated remotely in the Indian Ocean.
- Hawaiian Islands – Experience lushly green volcanic islands, lovely beaches and an enviable climate, which is very similar year round.
- Greek Islands – Couples get to know each other or re-discover each other because the islands magically unwind and slow down visitors.
- Madeira Islands – Invigorating with subtropical setting, mountainous scenery and a rugged coastline, dotted with tempting beaches.
- Cook Islands – See coconut tree-lined beaches, lush volcanic mountains and relax because the islands have relatively few tourists.
- Caribbean Islands – The small, personalized private resorts of Jamaica, St. Barts, St, Johns, St. Kitts and St. Lucia are ideal for lovers.
- Bermuda Island – Couples will be charmed by pink beaches and houses plus a British cultural accent.
Asked why the islands made his Top 10 Romantic Islands of the World list, Hillman said they have intimate settings for romancing and small quality resorts for privacy. The islands also have lovely beaches for relaxing and sporting, and stimulating dining and nightlife for evening fun.
Test yourself. How many of Hillman’s Top 10 Romantic Islands have you experienced or wish to experience? Hillman succinctly explains why each island is special. He includes photos of and details on each island HERE.
Hillman has been researching the world’s travel wonders for 30 years and has traveled more than a million miles to over 100 countries exploring wonders. He has written by-lined articles for major publications including the New York Times, Newsweek, Washington Post and the Wall Street Journal.
He is the author of more than 25 books.
www.Hillmanwonders.com has other special features. Foremost is Hillman’s Top 100 Wonders of the World. Other features include the Top 1000 Hillman Wonders of the World list, organized by country. There are also special guides to countries such as America, China, Italy, France, the Philippines, cruises, safaris, cuisines and more – all these guides offer gutsy tips and insights.
Jackie Silver is on TV, on radio, in print and in person. She is the anti-aging expert on the syndicated television show, Daytime, one half of The Ageless Sisters radio show, a weekly columnist with The Tampa Tribune, the Aging Backwards expert for TheHollywoodHotspot.com and contributor to numerous Web sites. In addition, she is the National Anti-Aging Beauty Examiner, New York Beauty Products Examiner and NY Charity Examiner for Examiner.com. Sign up for her free newsletter at: http://agingbackwards.com/ and follow her on Twitter, @AgingBackwards.