YOUR Identity: How To Fast Track It To Passion And Profits: 1st In A Series Of 4
May 1st, 2012 | By Becky Harmon | Category: Money & Business, Women in Business
Having a clear, confident and consistent identity is all you need to move from famine to feasting in every area of your life. In other words, you don’t need a nose job, new husband, new boss or job, new children or more money to create an identity that is passionate and profitable. The truth is, the only thing required for transformation and to be able to build a prosperous new identity is in this order: Desperation, Commitment, Boldness.
I put the desperation first because I don’t know about you but looking back I don’t know if I would have made the commitment as fast if I wasn’t in A LOT OF PAIN. Oh, I can tell you lots about feeling desperate. But instead read the following and think about the home you grew up in. The statistics say 50% of you reading this article have grown up in a home like this.
- Shame based. Don’t talk, don’t share or let anyone know we have a problem. Definitely don’t ask for assistance or help because that means that you might be found out to not have it all together. Don’t get accountability because frankly, why disappoint them, it’s doomed to failure to start with because nothing ever works for you.
- Surround yourself with people who enable you. Enablers are individuals who won’t ask you to take ownership of your own behaviors because they need you at a core level. You either provide control, money, sex, power, or affirmation and you allow them the freedom to continue in what ever idol they are serving. Yes, idolatry wasn’t just for the Bible, it is alive and well today. Enablers will never call you up big to the plate because if you are successful you might replace them.
- Do not incorporate boundaries. Boundaries are stiffling and restrict. The mark of dysfunctional home is everyone do their own thing, self-serving is the name of the game. Do not respect yourself or others by communicating what you need because that need will not be met.
- Seek to build relationally with victims. Victims will make you look good and you will be able to stay all powerful and receive the love you need. Because the truth is, you really doubt that you are worth anything at all and if people find who you are really are, you will be abandoned.
- Disposable relationships. You don’t have the skills or understanding on how to build with healthy people financially or otherwise so you have to keep building new relationships to receive what you want personally or achieve your goals.
What does this have to do with building passion and profits? Everything. YOUR unique identity and what you have in your hands right now is all you need to move out of sabotage and into success. Watch here and watch how Jessica’s life was fast tracked with passion and profits and yours can too by just embracing this one thing, oh and at the end I have HOW to integrate the first step so you can get started today building a NEW BOLD IDENTITY. Ready?
Becky Harmon is an Identity Expert and Speaker and has a passion for helping you tap into the strategies that will empower you to achieve authentic and bold growth quickly. She has worked with professionals ranging from non-profit organization leaders to entrepreneurs for over two decades. She has home schooled her own four children, been part of a top sales team and launched two separate businesses successfully. You can contact her for a free mp3 on how you can build quick success at www.successnotsabotage.com.